This cake is a bit unusual however it’s fast and easy to prepare. The texture is just like an English cake. For another option, you can use an orange flavor soda drink. Prepare it ahead of time for the holidays!
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 7-Up
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs, add the sugar and continue beating till the mixture becomes pale yellow. Add vanilla and lemon zest.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; add in batches to the egg mixture alternating with oil, 7-Up and flour.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in the walnuts and raisins (optional).
- Spray a cake pan with vegetable spray and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool pan on the counter for 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving dish.
- Dust cake with powdered sugar before serving.