Farfalle pasta is the beautifully shaped one that looks like a butterfly or bow tie. I like this pasta because it’s versatile and goes very well for pasta salads. Today, I mixed it with medium size cooked shrimp/tails removed, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, olive oil and other delicious ingredients. The taste was fresh just perfect for a hot summer day!
- 1/2 box of Farfalle pasta
- 1 pound of medium size cooked shrimp/tail removed
- 1 (16 ounces) bag of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (not with oil) roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds for garnish
- Boil pasta with salt following instructions on box.
- Rinse the frozen peas under running cold water. Set aside.
- Rinse shrimp and set aside.
- Mix the prepared pasta with lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes and peas.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust flavoring to your taste.
- Add the boiled shrimp, thyme and chopped basil leaves.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of the salad and serve.