Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite dishes. There are many recipes for this amazing dish however, I came up with this recipe one day and it turned out really scrumptious (if I may say so myself, lol)!
This is an easy and fast recipe to prepare, it took me about 20 minutes and voilà. I omitted the butter because I felt it unnecessary here. I didn’t compromise the flavor by doing so and the result was very satisfying. You can serve it over steamed rice, pasta, sautéed rosemary potatoes or just a bed of vegetables. Today, I’m serving it to my family with some white rice.
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- 3/4 cup store-bought artichokes dip
- 2 green bell peppers julienned
- 2 tomatoes julienned
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Chicken seasoning
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Some grated Parmesan for dredging the chicken
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with Montreal chicken seasoning, dredge them in the Parmesan on both sides. Shake excess & set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, put the olive oil & when hot add the chicken. Brown on both sides.
- Into the pan, add the green pepper, tomatoes, lemon juice and artichokes dip. Bring to a boil & cover until chicken are cooked through about 15 minutes. Season with added salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and some lemon wedges.