As much as I love blogging, adore my followers, and appreciate sharing my recipes with everyone, I have to admit that it is always very difficult to get back on track after having been away from blogging for awhile, especially during the holiday season. I had to unplug myself from everything and take a short break in order to re-energize and rejuvenate!
With the beginning of 2018, I appreciate all your support and I wish all of you health, prosperity and peace. May we continue on cooking great meals together, and may you kitchen always be filled with love and friends!
Today, I chose a very light date bars recipe. I hope you will give it a try.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose-flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates/chopped
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts/chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs. Sift the sugar, flour and baking powder into the beaten eggs.
- Add the chopped dates and nuts. Mix.
- Cover a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper then spray with a vegetable spray.
- Place the mixture in the pan and smooth evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until light golden. Don’t over bake because it will get dry.
- Take out and cool on a cookie rack.
- Cut into desired size of squares. Sprinkle with powder sugar if you like and enjoy!