This is a very easy cheesecake recipe that is consistent of only a few ingredients and it does not require baking. Prepare it ahead of time, refrigerate it and enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea. It is very refreshing and a breeze to prepare.
The type of berry fruit jam I used for this recipe is a mixture of black cherry, rapsberry, and blood orange spread that I purchased at Costco. It contains 1/2 the calories of a regular preserve. Use any variety you like!
If you don’t want to use cottage cheese, you can replace it with ricotta cheese.
- 250g Marie Lu biscuits (tea biscuits)
- 1 cup berry fruit jam (mix with the dough)
- 1/4 cup berry jam (topping)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla or berry yogurt
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- Zest of one lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a food processor, place the biscuits and pulse a few times till you get cookie crumbs.
- Mix 1 cup fruit berry jam, lemon zest with the crumbs till you reach a formed dough.
- Place the dough in a cheesecake or tart pan and flatten it evenly with the palm of your hand.
- Combine the cottage cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a food processor till the mixture becomes creamy.
- Fold in the yogurt and spread over the tart pan.
- Warm 1/4 cup berry jam and drizzle over the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and enjoy!