There are so many mashed potato recipes. Sometimes, I add lemon juice and garlic, other times I just add a few tablespoons of fresh cream like in this recipe. I usually peel the potatoes, cut them in small cubes, then boil them in water. Once cooked and tender, I drain the water, mash them, add some cream and seasoning. The final result is real yummy.
- 4-5 russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes, peel, and cube them.
- Place a pot over medium high heat, place the cubed potatoes, salt and cover with hot water.
- Bring the potatoes to a rapid boil, lower the temperature and cook till tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain the water.
- Place the warm potatoes in a bowl and mash them well with a potato masher or a hand blender.
- Heat the cream and butter in the microwave.
- Add the hot cream mixture to the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!