What do I make with the many bananas I have sitting in my fruit bowl before they go bad? I already made fruit punch, and my hubby and I eat a banana each with our fruit bowl every morning before coffee…Needless to say that I started surfing the internet in search of the perfect recipe and found this crunchy banana bread by Christophe Michalak. I promise you, it will become a family favorite.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 25g butter + a dab for the mold (room temp)
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 240g all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 285g ripe bananas (about 4)
- 1 tablespoon liquid vanilla
Ingredients for the Strudel:
- 40g Powdered sugar
- 40g almond flour
- 40g all purpose flour
- 40g salted butter
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F.
- Butter the cake loaf pan and dust it with flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, beat the butter + brown sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour, baking powder & vanilla. Mix
- Mash the bananas with a fork and fold them in the cake batter.
- Pour this mixture in the prepared cake loaf pan.
- Mix all the strudel ingredients with your fingertips to form a sandy paste.
- Drop the strudel paste on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting it onto a cake platter.