This is a delicious salad that ought to be in every repertoire. It’s very easy to prepare. You can add crispy bacon if you like.
- 2 heads fresh broccoli (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almond
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar (can use less if desired)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and chop the onion and the red bell pepper.
- Combine with the raisins, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and nuts. Mix well.
- To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into the salad, let chill and serve.